Skip to main content

July Happenings!

This will be a sum-up of the rest of July....

1. I went to the Northern Utah Parade of Homes with Grandma Anderson and my Aunt Stacy.  We had a blast and I even branched out and took Trax and Frontrunner to get there!   Most hilarious moment: explaining to my grandma the purpose of a pot filler.  I did find a few things I liked (not as many as the Utah Valley parade) including this mirrored side table:


and these patterned chairs....love!



2.   The final Harry Potter premiere!  Daniel got to come home that weekend (I made sure of it), and keeping with tradition we went with my best bud Emily and her husband Jason!  Like last year, we baked Papa Murphy's pizza and we watched HP7 Part 1 before we went to see Part 2.  I'm so sad this era is over.  Emily and I have seen 6/8 Harry Potter midnight movie premieres together.  Good times!!

We were excited!!!  Also, this was the night I still had jet black/purple hair.  It was a massive salon mishap.  Two corrective appointments and 11.5 hours in the salon chair later, it was back to normal brown--not what I asked for, but better than black!


Working on the pizza damage!  Emily and I ate WAY too many pieces of the veggie pizza (not shown here).  It was AMAZING.


The Davies!

The Faulks!


The actual Harry Potter fans!  Aren't we cute with our t-shirts??


3. I got to babysit my friend Briana's little girl!  Isn't she adorable?


4. Daniel and I went with some friends to see our mutual friend Jason in Camp Rock: the Musical at the SCERA outdoor theater in Orem (where I performed in Funny Girl last year).  The show wasn't exactly amazing, but Jason definitely was!  It was a blast to watch him.

The cast...

Jason is the one in the orange and blue sitting down:


5.  Haley and her friend Riley came to Utah to visit!  They came for EFY at BYU, but had a week to kill before the camp started.  One day I took them on TRAX to the Gateway in Salt Lake City.  We walked around, failed to buy anything, and had a great lunch at Rumbis.

Haley and Riley:

Haley and I:

6. This is a bit more somber, but Daniel's Grandpa Morgan died, and so Daniel drove home to Utah, picked up his work truck, and then we drove in it together to Denver, Colorado.  I gave the opening prayer and Daniel gave the closing at the memorial service (he was cremated).  We got there Monday night, the memorial service was Tuesday, and Daniel left Wednesday.  I drove home Friday with Daniel's parents.  His grandma was having a really hard time while we were there, and I'm not going to lie it was an extremely difficult few days for everyone, but we survived and hopefully were able to help her out a bit.

We went the Wyoming way to Denver (BAD idea), so we stopped in Little America for their 50 cent cones.  With all those billboards, how could you not?


Arriving in Denver!


Some of the memorial service flowers I helped pick out with Aunt Susie:


The Faulks took me to a delicious Fish & Chips cafe.  This is Grandma Morgan and my mother-in-law Jenny:


LaVaun (my father-in-law) took me on a ride one day so I could see the Denver temple:


7. This is the last one, I promise.  I planned a Provo River trip for my sisters and their friends.  We had a BLAST.  I was fabulous at staying in the middle of the river.  Everyone else?  Not so much.  Haley and Taneesa were probably the worst.  They ran into every single tree and rock they possibly could.  People were falling out of their tubes (Haley, Adam, Kristy, Taneesa), getting smacked by branches (Haley, Vanessa), loosing articles of clothing (Kristy, Adam), and just basically sucking at floating (everyone but me).  But, as Kim said, no one else on that river was having as much fun as we were!

All the ladies...

Haley and I on the bus ride up the river!  Pretend the light from the window is wiping out half my eyebrow...

Just doin my thang...

One of the only moments of peace on the trip:


Both Kristy and her boyfriend Adam lost a shoe on the trip, and after losing it 3 times in the river, I was amazed that Adam got his hat back in the end...


My fabulous sisters and I!


Anyway, that was the rest of July.  I'm sorry this was the longest post ever, but it's over!  More to come!!

Comments

  1. Your black swimsuit is AMAZING! And I love the patterned chairs too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Birth Story--Riley James Faulk

 A warning in advance--this is really long and detailed, so if you don't want to read a detailed birth story (with pictures), then stop now!  This was an important record for me to make and I didn't want to spare any details. :) Technically the story of my labor begins on Riley’s due date: July 24, 2013.   Because I have to go back to school as a teacher very soon (my first meeting is August 14), I was desperate to see if I could use some “natural” methods to get the labor going.   So, on Wednesday, July 24 around ten in the morning I took about 1.5 ounces of castor oil, which is known to get labor kick started occasionally by basically freaking out your bowels so you have the runs—lovely.   I waited for a few hours but nothing happened at all.   Bummer.   My mother and sister came to Salt Lake and we celebrated Pioneer Day by going to temple square and having lunch at the Lion House.   After lunch I started to have some horrible pains in my stomach.   They didn’t feel l

Faulk Family Task List

Yup, that's just a dang fancy phrase for "chore chart." I decided this needed to happen.  I am so tired at the end of the day from working a full time teaching job plus three part-time theatre jobs that the LAST thing I want to do is clean.  So, I end up letting everything pile up until I literally dread coming home.  This results in a totally massive, totally random meltdown that usually ends with me scrubbing the whole apartment clean for hours.  I'm then in a MUCH better mood for a couple weeks until the cycle repeats itself. This had to stop. So, I created the Faulk Family Task List.  It lists the basic chores that need to be done around the house.  Some need to be done just once a week while others need to be done every day.  That's why I LOVE this cute chore chart template I found through Microsoft Office Online.  You can download the template HERE .  After I personalized it for what worked for our family, it looked like this:   I love how this temp

Cedar's Blessing Day

In our church, it is common practice for a baby to be be given a name and a blessing in church during their first few months of life.  This blessing is usually done by the baby's father.  (For more info on what a baby blessing entails, click  HERE ). Cedar Jane Faulk was blessed by her father on July 1, 2018.  We wanted her to be blessed when my parents could be there (my dad flew in from Shanghai), and as an added bonus, Daniel's parents were given permission to come home from their LDS mission in Orlando for a long weekend to attend the blessing!  It was very special for her to have both sets of grandparents there, as well as most of my aunts and uncles, sisters, and other friends. I will admit that Daniel and I felt a little bit of added pressure over this blessing as compared to our other kids' blessings.  It is common to hear babies blessed with things like health, marrying in the temple, etc.  For Cedar, all the "normal" things like that suddenly felt i