Skip to main content

Faulk Update

Sorry it's been a while since you've heard from us!  We have been BUSY!

UPDATES!

I've been super super busy working as the long-term theatre and choir substitute at Ecker Hill Middle School in Park City, Utah.  I teach 4 choir classes and 2 drama classes.  I just finished directing High School Musical, Jr.  We put the whole thing together in less than 8 weeks, which was INSANE since we only could practice before school for an hour.  I think I developed an ulcer from doing the show, but it was worth it.  The show went great in the end.  Everything came together!  Here is a cast picture we took on closing night:


Teaching full-time has been crazy.  I was supposed to only be at the school until the end of October, but I've now been asked to stay through the next quarter, which goes until the end of January.  I'm excited to stay employed for a while longer and to keep getting teaching experience, but I'm not excited about driving to Park City every day in the winter.  Last month, we spent more on gas than our rent.  Top that. 
In addition to the musical I have also put on a choir concert with 130 kids, did an annoying complicated fundraiser with 190 kids, and suffered through more high maintenance parents than I thought I would deal with in a lifetime!  I'm getting better at handling everything...I think.  I guess that's just the life of a new teacher.  

Now for Daniel!

Many of you know that Daniel has been working for a company called Osmose for over 2 years.  To put it lightly, he has not enjoyed this job, but it has paid the rent and put food on the table.  They like to do shady stuff and not pay Daniel for things he should be paid for.  A month or so ago they tried to say that Daniel would have to pay for any damages that happen on his truck, and it was the last straw.  They give him a terrible truck that can't handle the Wyoming terrain, and that is not his fault.  Also, they refused to let Daniel transfer to a job that would allow him to be near me (SUPER not cool), so he finally QUIT!  It was a huge leap of faith for us to make that decision as he did not have another job lined up.  For the past month Daniel has been out of work, spending every day without a car, just applying for hundreds of jobs.
Well, it finally paid off!  DANIEL GOT A JOB!  He starts this upcoming Tuesday.  It is with a really neat company called Ice Edge Business Solutions.  He is going to be a data analyst.  He gets catered lunch every day and a stipend toward getting a hybrid car--YAY!  Goodbye 1997 Mountaineer!
Anyway, I'm so proud of him and how hard he has worked to find a job.  GO DANIEL!
We also had an awesome trip to Vegas that we will have to tell you all about VERY soon!  It has been a good month for the Faulks, and we hope to have many more to come!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Birth Story--Riley James Faulk

 A warning in advance--this is really long and detailed, so if you don't want to read a detailed birth story (with pictures), then stop now!  This was an important record for me to make and I didn't want to spare any details. :) Technically the story of my labor begins on Riley’s due date: July 24, 2013.   Because I have to go back to school as a teacher very soon (my first meeting is August 14), I was desperate to see if I could use some “natural” methods to get the labor going.   So, on Wednesday, July 24 around ten in the morning I took about 1.5 ounces of castor oil, which is known to get labor kick started occasionally by basically freaking out your bowels so you have the runs—lovely.   I waited for a few hours but nothing happened at all.   Bummer.   My mother and sister came to Salt Lake and we celebrated Pioneer Day by going to temple square and having lunch at the Lion House.   After lunch I started to have some horrible pains in my stomach.   They didn’t feel l

Faulk Family Task List

Yup, that's just a dang fancy phrase for "chore chart." I decided this needed to happen.  I am so tired at the end of the day from working a full time teaching job plus three part-time theatre jobs that the LAST thing I want to do is clean.  So, I end up letting everything pile up until I literally dread coming home.  This results in a totally massive, totally random meltdown that usually ends with me scrubbing the whole apartment clean for hours.  I'm then in a MUCH better mood for a couple weeks until the cycle repeats itself. This had to stop. So, I created the Faulk Family Task List.  It lists the basic chores that need to be done around the house.  Some need to be done just once a week while others need to be done every day.  That's why I LOVE this cute chore chart template I found through Microsoft Office Online.  You can download the template HERE .  After I personalized it for what worked for our family, it looked like this:   I love how this temp

Chia Seeds...wha??

Two weeks ago, I had never heard of chia seeds.  This changed when I read this post on one of my favorite blogs, THE LITTLE RED HOUSE . It got me curious about these little, nutrition-packed seeds.  So, on my next trip to Whole Foods, I bought about 1/4 cup from the bulk bin.  I know this may seem like a pathetic amount, but these babies go for $15.99 a pound!  YOWZA!  I did see some packaged versions of the seeds that seemed to cost less than that per ounce.  I'll have to do more research. Lots of people around the blogosphere are experimenting with these seeds and finding different ways to use them.  I was intrigued by  THIS recipe for chia seed pudding (and check out the other awesome breakfast ideas on that link!).  I had heard that chia seeds soaked in water turn to gel, so I followed the extremely easy recipe, and BAM!  Chia seed pudding.  Here is how I did it: Step 1: Mix 1/4 cup chia seeds with 2/3 cup water.  Stir for at least 3-4 minutes, until the mixture become