Skip to main content

Tender Mercies Part 2

It's time to make a public update about all of the amazing ways our family has been blessed during this difficult time.  Once again, I would feel incredibly ungrateful to not mention the amazing people who have done things both big and small to make our life a little bit easier right now, and all of the little things I am grateful for!

* Many family members sent me flowers while in the hospital, and my theatre ed friends sent this amazing edible arrangement plus some cash to help with our situation.


* My sister and brother-in-law watching my boys the weekend my husband was driving home.

* My husband having no car trouble on his way home from San Francisco.  A day or two after he got home, his car battery died.

*My BYU friend McKell and her family letting us stay at her house the night we got in to San Francisco


* Modern technology allowing me to Skype with my boys while I was away

* Teachers and parents helping my student get to region and state drama competition.  They ended up taking 3rd place overall at Region, and out one-act got 3rd place at region, making it to state.  This was the first time my kids have ever placed at region overall, and the first time our one-act has made it to state.  I know that this wouldn't have been possible without teacher and parent help, and especially the help of Melissa Salguero, who coached my kids!!


* The beautiful view from our family house room!

* SO many of my neighbors watching my sons while I was away.

* Celsey and Joann, two amazing moms with kids that have spina bifida, came to visit me one of my first weeks back in Utah on modified bedrest.  They brought the most adorable "sunshine" basket and provided me so much comfort with their conversation and kindness!  It is nice to hear from other SB moms that everything WILL be OK!


* A lovely lady from my ward brought me a take-home kit from Color Me Mine so that I could create a cute ceramic plate while bored on bedrest!  She brought all the paint, brushes...everything!  I can't wait to finish it!

* Thankful for social media groups for parents with kids that have spina bifida that have provided help and support.

* Generally thankful for modern technology, medical advancements, and therapies that are available for my daughter.  She is lucky to be living in this day and age!

* Beautiful weather this past week that has picked up my spirit.

* SO many notes, cards, facebook messages, texts, etc. from friends around the world that have brought me so much comfort over the past 2 months.

*My sisters throwing me a beautiful baby shower.  I felt so loved it was unbelievable:










* Neighbors who have been taking me to appointments, stores, on errands, etc. since I am not supposed to be driving.  

* Friends coming to pick me up and take me wherever...IKEA (thanks Celsey), the new Zara at Fashion Place (thanks Corinne), and of course Target (thanks Jessi).

*Daniel's relatives sending us several food gift cards for our family to use.

*The teachers at my school also threw me an amazing baby shower, and the faculty pooled their money and got me an Owlet baby monitor.  It monitors baby's heartbeat and oxygen levels through a cute little sock on her foot.  I didn't really feel I need this with my other two babies, but with Cedar's special needs I feel that it will give me so much peace and comfort!  The faculty at Kearns High are so kind and thoughtful.  I am lucky to work with them!






Again, our family is constantly overwhelmed by the kindness of our family, friends, and neighbors.  THANK YOU!  We are also constantly thankful to our Heavenly Father for the many blessings we are receiving during this time, especially when things seem most difficult.  We are so incredibly blessed!   




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Birth Story--Riley James Faulk

 A warning in advance--this is really long and detailed, so if you don't want to read a detailed birth story (with pictures), then stop now!  This was an important record for me to make and I didn't want to spare any details. :) Technically the story of my labor begins on Riley’s due date: July 24, 2013.   Because I have to go back to school as a teacher very soon (my first meeting is August 14), I was desperate to see if I could use some “natural” methods to get the labor going.   So, on Wednesday, July 24 around ten in the morning I took about 1.5 ounces of castor oil, which is known to get labor kick started occasionally by basically freaking out your bowels so you have the runs—lovely.   I waited for a few hours but nothing happened at all.   Bummer.   My mother and sister came to Salt Lake and we celebrated Pioneer Day by going to temple square and having lunch at the Lion House.   After lunch I started to have some horrible pains in my stomach.   They didn’t feel l

Faulk Family Task List

Yup, that's just a dang fancy phrase for "chore chart." I decided this needed to happen.  I am so tired at the end of the day from working a full time teaching job plus three part-time theatre jobs that the LAST thing I want to do is clean.  So, I end up letting everything pile up until I literally dread coming home.  This results in a totally massive, totally random meltdown that usually ends with me scrubbing the whole apartment clean for hours.  I'm then in a MUCH better mood for a couple weeks until the cycle repeats itself. This had to stop. So, I created the Faulk Family Task List.  It lists the basic chores that need to be done around the house.  Some need to be done just once a week while others need to be done every day.  That's why I LOVE this cute chore chart template I found through Microsoft Office Online.  You can download the template HERE .  After I personalized it for what worked for our family, it looked like this:   I love how this temp

Cedar's Blessing Day

In our church, it is common practice for a baby to be be given a name and a blessing in church during their first few months of life.  This blessing is usually done by the baby's father.  (For more info on what a baby blessing entails, click  HERE ). Cedar Jane Faulk was blessed by her father on July 1, 2018.  We wanted her to be blessed when my parents could be there (my dad flew in from Shanghai), and as an added bonus, Daniel's parents were given permission to come home from their LDS mission in Orlando for a long weekend to attend the blessing!  It was very special for her to have both sets of grandparents there, as well as most of my aunts and uncles, sisters, and other friends. I will admit that Daniel and I felt a little bit of added pressure over this blessing as compared to our other kids' blessings.  It is common to hear babies blessed with things like health, marrying in the temple, etc.  For Cedar, all the "normal" things like that suddenly felt i