Skip to main content

Cedar Jane's Nursery Tour

Well, baby Cedar will be arriving in 36 hours, so what better way to celebrate than to show off her nursery that I have spent months planning for her!

If I'm being honest with myself, I think I worked so hard planning her nursery because it felt like giving her a "normal" room would somehow help me forget that her situation is not "normal." I just want her to feel like any other kid in any way that I can, and giving her a beautiful nursery was one way I could do that.  Weird, I know.

Anyway, if you want to see a full video nursery tour, you can check it out HERE onYouTube.  Sources for everything in the nursery are listed at the bottom of this post.

The wallpaper was the inspiration for the entire room.  I knew as soon as I saw it on Etsy that it was meant for Cedar's room!


I know it's a little cheesy, but I wanted to incorporate a cedar tree print into her room, and this one just fit perfectly with the vibe I was going for!  Her Etsy shop had an inspiration image that had similar eyelashes, and so I had to copy!



I wanted something really bold and graphic for her crib sheet that wouldn't compete too much with the wallpaper.  I knew this personalized sheet would do the trick!


From the minute I saw a Juju and Jake braided crib bumper, I knew I had to incorporate one into Cedar's room.  I love how fun and unique they are.  You can get them for one side, three sides, all four sides...pretty much any way you want!  They also make adorable knot pillows!



My friend Ty got me this Z Gallerie deer head when I was pregnant with Riley 5 years ago.  I have used it in different way in all three nurseries I have designed!  For Cedar's nursery, he got painted lavender!



I love that her room can grow with her.  I'm not into really baby-ish rooms.  Using neutral furniture has allowed me to keep all the main pieces and use them for all three kids, including the crib, rocking chair, and dresser.


A look at the other side of her room.  I'm excited to change up the sayings on her letterboard, surprise her with Happy Birthday messages and whatnot.  I'm so cute. **eye-roll**


OK, so this bunny is made by Scentsy and it SMELLS!  Like, smells amazing.  Who knew they even made those?  It makes her whole nursery smell nice!


The MamaRoo won't live in here when she gets here.  I assume we will move it down to the living room or wherever we will spend the most time, but we'll see!

Also, I will clearly replace the random people in her photo frame with a picture of our family or a cute saying.  I just can't decide yet what I want to put in there...


My Instagram husband hard at work, helping me video my YouTube nursery tour!  Love this man!


I am in love with her room AND of course with her.  I can't wait to meet you on Thursday, Cedar!  We are so excited for you to join our family.  Sometimes your dad and I just sit in your room and just talk about you for a long time.  I am looking forward to snuggling with you in the rocking chair, watching you sleep in that crib, and yes...even change your diaper on the changing pad.  I look forward to all of it!!


SOURCES:
Crib: Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 crib, available on Amazon
Pom Blanket: Gifted, Handmade
Crib Sheet: SugarHouseSwaddles on ETSY
Braided Bumper: JujuAndJake on ETSY
Cedar Tree Print: BrinaAndFriendsArt on ETSY
Eyelashes: ali + oli on Amazon
Deer Head: Z Gallerie
Plexiglass Shelf: Walmart
Pillow: Target (3 years ago)
Rocker: Unknown, classified ad
Side Table: Target (3 years ago), SIMILAR
Lamp: Target
Picture Frame: Hobby Lobby
Succulent: Hobby Lobby
MamaRoo: Target
Dresser: Made from two Target Dressers
Minky Changing Pad Cover: Rumble Tuff on Amazon
Bunny: Scentsy
Fern: Hobby Lobby
Letterboard: Joanns
Pink Frame: HomeGoods, painted pink
Blue Scalloped Trash Can: Pottery Barn Kids
Hanging Organizers and Closet Bins: Walmart

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Birth Story--Riley James Faulk

 A warning in advance--this is really long and detailed, so if you don't want to read a detailed birth story (with pictures), then stop now!  This was an important record for me to make and I didn't want to spare any details. :) Technically the story of my labor begins on Riley’s due date: July 24, 2013.   Because I have to go back to school as a teacher very soon (my first meeting is August 14), I was desperate to see if I could use some “natural” methods to get the labor going.   So, on Wednesday, July 24 around ten in the morning I took about 1.5 ounces of castor oil, which is known to get labor kick started occasionally by basically freaking out your bowels so you have the runs—lovely.   I waited for a few hours but nothing happened at all.   Bummer.   My mother and sister came to Salt Lake and we celebrated Pioneer Day by going to temple square and having lunch at the Lion House.   After lunch I started to have some horrible pains in my stomach.   They didn’t feel l

Faulk Family Task List

Yup, that's just a dang fancy phrase for "chore chart." I decided this needed to happen.  I am so tired at the end of the day from working a full time teaching job plus three part-time theatre jobs that the LAST thing I want to do is clean.  So, I end up letting everything pile up until I literally dread coming home.  This results in a totally massive, totally random meltdown that usually ends with me scrubbing the whole apartment clean for hours.  I'm then in a MUCH better mood for a couple weeks until the cycle repeats itself. This had to stop. So, I created the Faulk Family Task List.  It lists the basic chores that need to be done around the house.  Some need to be done just once a week while others need to be done every day.  That's why I LOVE this cute chore chart template I found through Microsoft Office Online.  You can download the template HERE .  After I personalized it for what worked for our family, it looked like this:   I love how this temp

Chia Seeds...wha??

Two weeks ago, I had never heard of chia seeds.  This changed when I read this post on one of my favorite blogs, THE LITTLE RED HOUSE . It got me curious about these little, nutrition-packed seeds.  So, on my next trip to Whole Foods, I bought about 1/4 cup from the bulk bin.  I know this may seem like a pathetic amount, but these babies go for $15.99 a pound!  YOWZA!  I did see some packaged versions of the seeds that seemed to cost less than that per ounce.  I'll have to do more research. Lots of people around the blogosphere are experimenting with these seeds and finding different ways to use them.  I was intrigued by  THIS recipe for chia seed pudding (and check out the other awesome breakfast ideas on that link!).  I had heard that chia seeds soaked in water turn to gel, so I followed the extremely easy recipe, and BAM!  Chia seed pudding.  Here is how I did it: Step 1: Mix 1/4 cup chia seeds with 2/3 cup water.  Stir for at least 3-4 minutes, until the mixture become